Skip to main content

EIDL amount lowered to $1,000

Like millions of Americans, Equifax, the credit bureau, let hackers steal my information.  In the settlement, we were told that we will get $125, but since so many people were impacted, that I was told that I may not get any money at all or get only pennies.  The company also said that if I wanted to keep claiming the damage, I needed to provide evidence that I had signed up for a credit monitoring service (they would not accept those of us who have frozen our credit accounts permanently).  So, I ended up signing for their credit monitoring service.

Well, the Small Business Administration has pulled a fast one similar to Equifax.  While self employed Americans like me were initially promised $10,000 emergency advances under the CARES Act, now we are being told that the amount will be just $1,000 per employee (meaning for people like me with no permanent employees, that is all I might get).  Also, instead of the usual 3 days, now there is no promise except that it will be "days."  Unless the hassle is worth for a thousand bucks, I would say don't even bother.