Skip to main content

Massachusetts PUA payment in progress

Just as a background, because I am a self employed worker and eligible to receive pandemic unemployment assistance under the CARES Act, I applied for it as soon as MASS opened its new website.  And while the process and document requirements vary by state for Massachusetts no paperwork was needed if you had already filed your 2019 taxes. 

As I reported earlier the initial approval in form of a Notice of Monetary Determination came in 2 days.  Another two more days, I see today that the payment is in progress.  Since I have provided by direct deposit information the payment should be faster, though, I found out that the first payment can take somewhat longer because they have to confirm the account information with the bank.

I will provide an update when the payment hits my account.  I must say that this has been moving a lot faster than I expected.