Skip to main content

Massachusetts PUA being processed promptly

I must admit that while I am so proud to be a resident of Commonwealth of Massachusetts.  Today, I am even prouder than ever.  I applied for pandemic unemployment assistance on April 22 around noon and just about 48 hours later, my application has been processed.  As they indicated, I am going to receive the minimum amount of $267 (and the $600 FPUC) to start, but they will then verify my income with the Department of Revenue and will adjust the weekly amount later.  I have no idea how much that will be since this is the first time I have applied for UI and am still learning its ins and outs.  Maybe it will always be the minimum since I am a self employed worker rather than a regular worker and am being paid what the CARES Act allows.

So, thanks to all the great people who work at the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance for such a quick turnaround, especially in the middle of a pandemic.  Couldn't be more pleased, and it almost looks like I might get the funds from my state faster than the stimulus check from the IRS.